Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure,

Project lasted over 40 days.

BF+LC almost default with exception to non GI related stuff memory limit and so on.

Adaptive sampling, DMC from 16, 0.01 to 24/ 0.005, Sun+sky, render times from 1 hour to 8-10h for 4500x4500 resolution on dual xeon 2680v3 node. When i was previewing 2500x2500 it was 10-30 minutes in DR setup on few of these.

Real intensity lights(lumens) and kelvins for temperature, mostly IES lights, aerial perspective used for haze outside. And that wasn't enough so i used volume material to simulate fog, that gave nice ambient scattering throughout scene(somewhat killed render times) but produced much uniform scene illumination.

Final output was 1 Highlight burn, 0 contrast(didn't touch anything to preserve range for post processing), 4000k WB(in camera on most of the shots) Saved as 32bit EXR, Post processed in photoshop. Didn't have any problems with preserving highlights, dark areas, equalizing tones.

All in over 50 images of project itself was created and over 15 additional presentation images.

That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan1982 View Post
      Sure,

Project lasted over 40 days.

BF+LC almost default with exception to non GI related stuff memory limit and so on.

Adaptive sampling, DMC from 16, 0.01 to 24/ 0.005, Sun+sky, render times from 1 hour to 8-10h for 4500x4500 resolution on dual xeon 2680v3 node. When i was previewing 2500x2500 it was 10-30 minutes in DR setup on few of these.

Real intensity lights(lumens) and kelvins for temperature, mostly IES lights, aerial perspective used for haze outside. And that wasn't enough so i used volume material to simulate fog, that gave nice ambient scattering throughout scene(somewhat killed render times) but produced much uniform scene illumination.

Final output was 1 Highlight burn, 0 contrast(didn't touch anything to preserve range for post processing), 4000k WB(in camera on most of the shots) Saved as 32bit EXR, Post processed in photoshop. Didn't have any problems with preserving highlights, dark areas, equalizing tones.

All in over 50 images of project itself was created and over 15 additional presentation images.

That's about it.
      Did you create all the props for this? (Boar, mannequin, etc..)
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Not all, that would be impossible.
        Here is the small workflow example, someone asked already how it was done so i made few images about process.

P.S. Forum may butcher image quality.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan1982 View Post
          Not all, that would be impossible.
          Here is the small workflow example, someone asked already how it was done so i made few images about process.

P.S. Forum may butcher image quality.
          Great! Thanks for elaborating. How many people on this project, or only you?
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
          X